Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cicken and Strawberry Salad

One of my favorite things about summer are berry salads. With Bountiful Baskets it's possible even on a SNOWY DAY like today! I know it's April, but what can I say, I live in IDAHO! Tonight I boiled and chopped the chicken, I think if I make this recipe again I will cook it in the skillet after I brown the almonds, that way it gets some of the sugary butter flavor on the chicken and maybe use a citrus rub on the chicken as well.
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1 dash Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 cup slivered almonds

1 quart strawberries, cored and sliced

1 head romaine, chopped into bite size pieces

4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped


Mix together vinegar, sugar, oil, paprika, and worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours. In a skillet melt butter and sugar. Stir in almonds and cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Toss together strawberries, lettuce, chicken and almonds, mix with dressing right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment