Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's Dinner in a Basket?

About me: I am a stay at home mother of 5 kids between the ages of 1 and 8. I love to cook healthy meals for my kids and make sure they eat plenty of fruits and veggies. About a year ago I discovered Bountiful Baskets and fell in love! I am now a VSC (voulenteer site coordinator) for a site in Idaho Falls and enjoy finding and making new recipes with my basket items. I decided to make this blog for anyone who might be looking for new recipes to use their basket items, each week I plan my menu around what comes in my basket. I will post the recipes for these later tonight and put up a picture and review of each as I try it.

This week's conventional basket:

Picture from Healthy Mom's Kitchen

Italian Pack:


This week's dinner menu:

Sunday-

Creamy Pasta With Spring Vegetables: Asparagus, Baby Portobello Mushrooms, Garlic, Basil, old basket: red bell pepper

Monday-

Chimichurri Steak Salad: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Parsley, Garlic

Tuesday-

Sweet and Sour Pork and Pineapple Stir Fry: Pineapple, Green Beans, Red Onion

Wednesday-

Hearty Chicken and Rosemary Stew: Mushrooms, Rosemary, Garlic, Parsley, old basket: Baby Gold Potatoes, Carrots,

Thursday-

Quick Chicken Cacciatore: Cauliflower, Onion, Mushrooms, Basil, Garlic

Friday-

Cabbage Chili: Tomatoes, old basket: Asian Pack-Napa Cabbage


No comments:

Post a Comment