Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Broccoli Chicken Casserole

When we first got married I had NO idea how to cook, I grew up on hamburger helper and mac and cheese. My husband was always asking if I could make a casserole. I don't know why, but it took me years to learn how. I never seemed to be able to find recipes. Anyway, now casseroles are about my favorite thing to make, and this one is SO YUMMY!

Cooked Rice (2 1/2 cups water to 1 cup rice)
3 cups broccoli, chopped and cooked
3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. curry powder
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
Layer bottom of greased 9X13 dish with rice, broccoli and chicken. Mix soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry powder. Layer mixture on top of chicken. Top with cheese. Mix bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe! We've also tried it on noodles of your choice, which is pretty good too. :)

    ReplyDelete